Nav bar

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Cherry Fields












Just realised that I never shared my brother's incredible film directing and cinematography skills with you, so something had to be done about that! 
Here is a selection of beautiful stills taken from Linden Feng's short film/music video, Cherry Fields. I highly recommend taking five minutes of your time to watch it: Cherry Fields
I acted in the video alongside the ridiculously talented dancer, Jack Bromhan and also helped style the video and designed and created the gold outfit above. 
I won't go into too much detail about the symbolism behind the video, as I think it's more exciting to leave it open to interpretation, but the main concept is an artist's muse fighting for her identity and rebelling against the restrictive role expected of her. 

Speak to you all soon!
Lucy
xXx

2 comments:

  1. Such a surfeit of talent in your family. I remember the first time I watched the video being so struck by the visual sumptuousness and the extraordinary imagery; not to mention your amazing gold outfit creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just by seeing the photos, I could assume that the video will be fabulous...and it really is. All the scenes are visually powerful. Those scenes with that fantastic gold outfit are so wonderfully dream like. I really like the rice falling down like rain, here (as in many places) it is something traditionally done at the weddings... there is much symbolism one could read from that and other scenes as well.

    It must not have been easy to direct a video for a song like this one, the beat being so quick (it's the first time that I have really thought about this). I don't really know any filming terms and so on, but I think it is edited beautifully.

    ReplyDelete