Nav bar

Monday, 12 August 2013

The Three Graces

Photos by Linden and Lucy Feng, Styling by Lucy Feng

Today I'm bringing you another photographic collaboration with the amazing Linden Feng (my brother). The concept of our shoot was loosely based around Antonio Canova's sculpture entitled "The Three Graces". Which meant that the stunning Grace Baddley's handsome, sculptural features and marble complexion - and of course the rather appropriate name ;) - was the perfect model for our shoot. -She also happens to be an avid classicist, making a portrayal of the three daughters of Zeus a very fitting role! ;)
This was a very interesting shoot to style actually, as it involved keeping the lower half of each outfit (the skirt and belt) exactly the same, whilst making each outfit completely different. The top of the middle Grace is actually the embellished dress that you can see here in my other post, the top on the right is a beaded lace top from a charity shop, which I cut the lining out of to make it sheer and the left top is a panel of absolutely gorgeous handmade vintage black lace from Hay on Wye. I love the eccentricity that the turban adds to the look! :)
Lucy
xXx

2 comments:

  1. I've just been reading through your blog after coming here from Rosalind's. I had to comment on this post as I think it is my favourite. I wrote my dissertation on the mythic triad so it's exactly my interest. I just think the composite image is incredibly skillfully done. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much indeed! :) I'm so glad you like it! Must admit it was one of the most difficult shoots to do so I'm happy it paid off! Wow! Well that's certainly an interesting topic to write about! Do you study classics then?
      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete