Nav bar

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Metallic Coast





Hey all!
As you can see, I am continuing to fuel my obsession with the colour gold in this next photographic collaboration with my big bro :)
Our starting point was the ocean and the grittier grungier side of the theme coastal (which resulted in us rushing down to Ogmore-on-Sea and lugging half of the beach back home!) and then we quite literally struck gold when we introduced metallics to the shoot - an excellent suggestion by up and coming stylist Hollie Race, whose incredible portfolio can be viewed here on model mayhem!
Me and Linden (my bro) came up with the initial concept and set up the shoot together, before I took over the styling and he took over the camera operating.
The first look in the first two images is actually pretty much the same outfit I wore here in the post before this when developing the looks, so I won't bore you with too much detail in this post! ;) However, I have added the vintage chain-mail bag bought in the deliciously vintage-crammed town of Hay-on-Wye and also the gladiator sandals, which I sprayed gold and added a panel of gold studs to down the front.
For the second look, we managed to find that gorgeous lace leotard for just a few pounds from a charity store. It was originally in black, but I sprayed it gold for the shoot - the same goes for the rather fabulously gaga-ish spiked gold heels! Annie is also wearing a gorgeous black vintage shawl, which is still unfortunately somewhat seaweed encrusted... ;) and the necklace is just a bunch of strings of stones thrown together and sprayed gold. For the makeup and hair in both looks, I just had the two words exotic and wild in my mind, which hopefully sums up the overall look of the shoot! ;)
The insanely beautiful model in the pictures is my amazing friend and classmate of six years, Annie Williams, who will probably be popping up a lot in future posts (Especially since we still haven't shot the final look of the shoot, so watch this space!!!)
Bye for now!
Lucy
xXx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Olga!! I'm so happy that you like it! :) <3
      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete
  2. that 3rd picture is awesome!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Illiyana! I'm glad you like it! <3
      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete