Nav bar

Saturday, 29 June 2013

Velvet Nights



I thought I'd try an evening look... so here it is! The maroon velvet jacket was another great Rokit Vintage find for £12 and the dress was originally an ankle-length Asos gown for just £6 from a local boot-sale. As striking as the dress looked with its cascades of blue velvet, I know I'd rarely find an event to wear it to, so I cut it down to the perfect party dress length. The original dress is below (sorry about the poor quality!)


I thought that the neckline was quite plain so I added in the pearl Peter Pan collar necklace, that I picked up at yet another bootsale! ;) I always find that collar-necklaces are the perfect way to temporarily transform a look.


The heels are from New Look, but I got them so long ago that I have no clue how much they were anymore!


Again, the look is also here on my lookbook!

2 comments:

  1. One good thing about the longer length, it showcases your figure perfectly. You've customised it well although

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina! That is true actually... and I must admit that I think I cut a bit too much off! But it would be quite difficult to find a good opportunity to wear such a long dress!

      Lucy
      xXx

      Delete